I really don't get it. GangsterBB has been around for over 5.5 years (with UBB), and even longer including another service. ONCE in all that time have I ever gotten anything even vaguely resembling a spambot posting. And my main sites pointing to my forum are quite popular, around since 1995 and top-ranked*. At the same time, just a couple years ago, I set up a tiny little forum for a friend, with just a handful of activity (29 users), and THEY (using phpBB) get SWAMPED with that crap!! I don't get it, cuz they have CAPTCHA and email verification -- I just have the latter, with 4500+ users -- but don't have any troubles {knock on wood} with UBB...

...or maybe spammers are just afraid of the Mafia. laugh


*I was battling #1/#2 for many years with IMDb for "godfather" and "scarface", until I screwed everything up somehow. :/


GangsterBB.NET (Ver. 7.6.1.1)
PHP Version 8.1.34 / MySQL 5.7.23-23 / Apache 2.4.67
2007 Content Rulez Contest - Hon Mention
UBB.classic 6.7.2 - RIP