OK, I'm a fairly "old hat" with Threads going back to the WWWThreads days, but this current installation that I am attempting right now is driving me batty.

My current site has outgrown my homegrown hosting (Win2k3/IIS6/PHP4.4.4/MySQL???)and I have finally broken down and am moving to a hosted solution on a VPS. The VPS is Linux, Apache 1.3.37, PHP5.2.0 and MySQL 5.0.27. I'm trying to get Threads 6.5.5 up and running on it so I can migrate my site over and I can't even get the Install.php to do anything but give me a white screen.

Going to 7.x isn't an option currently for a couple of reasons (one is as silly as I won't move until I can replicate my current stylesheet exactly as my users are somewhat particular about how things look).

I had kludged together a copy of things (kinda/sorta/not really) on there and had it somewhat working, but I found myself with scripts that wouldn't fully log me in as well as they weren't returning anything from their sql queries among other oddities.

Will Threads 6.5.5 exist in this environment at all or are my only options either downgrading the environment or upgrading to Threads 7.x?


Jesus was an architect previous to his career as a prophet
All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world
So there was only one thing that I could do
Was ding a ding dang my dang a long ling long