Hello, one of my members uploaded a photo on one of his posts. The photo showed up fine in FF but when I checked it out in IE6 it had a box with a red x. I used ftp to go in and see what the file name was. FTP says it's an invalid file name. It won't even let me change the name or delete it. The file name is Dan\'s8lb.3.jpg. I'm assuming the "\" is screwing things up. As a solution, I copied the pic in FF and then changed the name and then deleted and uploaded the newly named pic back into his post.
I'm just wondering if there is a way to avoid these invalid file names from being uploaded with a message letting the user know why?
This is probably a very unusual case. I don't know why anyone would name their pic with a \ in the name. It was probably a typo on his part.