Hi Folks,

I thought I would post our site on here as another example of a look I haven't seen elsewhere. We used an old version 5.47 UBB from the end of 1999 until a few months ago when we updated to the newest version. Our members were very used to the look and colors of our old boards, so we were very concerned about being able to mimic it while also taking advantage of the giant leaps forward in features. Thanks to the help of Rick (we used some of the tech hours we got with the upgrade/install on having him approximate the former colors and look) our members were amazingly comfortable with the gigantic changes.

Our music organization has grown to the largest in the world with over 41,000 members. We've only been able to get about 1/3rd of them to register on the message boards (and I'd love to hear ideas of how to covert more of them from anyone out there with success) but it's got to be one of the more active boards for musicians and songwriters in the industry.

Here's a link: http://www.jpfolks.com/forum/ubbthreads.php

We're still learning the potential of all the features and hope to learn how to create some custom boxes for the side. (We have no tech person on staff).

Thanks to the UBB team and to Rick for really helping the transition and doing a great job getting us going.

Brian

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks
www.jpfolks.com

Brian Austin Whitney
Founder
Just Plain Folks Music Organization
www.justplainfolks.org