I noticed two things this afternoon. First, after being forced to move our boards to a new server, users are completely unable to edit posts at all. (Once again, another admin did this and I don't know what he did to get the forums back up) I've got the time limit set to 360 min. The edit button in the post never displays.

Admins can see the edit button just fine.

I was eventually able to "work around" the problem by getting the url on the edit button for a particular post via my admin acct. Then, I logged in as a general user, opened the post I wanted to edit, and used the edit url to get to the edit page where I was able to edit the post just fine.

Two questions: Why wouldn't the edit button ever display for users (am I missing a setting somewhere??) and If the user can just build the "edit url" from scratch, what good is the edit timer?