Just a note for any users accessing this thread having the same issue.

An absolute path is the full path to your install according to your webserver, this path can generally be found in the path settings if you have an installed forum. It generally looks something like:
/var/www/html
/home/mysite/public_html/

A relative path is the path from your current directory, this would be something like
avitars/

which would exist under your full path.

The avitar system itself, just like th eattachments system, requires a full path to the directory in which you're allowing uploads, and it requires that the directory have full write permissions (777).


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!