Your best bet is having your member system read from the threads database. There is a membership integration hack at ubbdev if you want to take a look; it'll allow you to hijack the member routines from the ubb and use it elsewhere on your site.

I choose UBB over your custom solution because the UBB can and will change upgrade to upgrade, having to re-update your hack each time to do something with a new feature that isn't setup will have to require re-coding on your part.


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!