Sorry for the confusion. Yes, I mean a forcible marking of edited posts.

Some of us use that feature to keep members from backtracking to a post, editing out unfavorable or untrue comments, then returning to shout, "I never said that!" I won't prohibit a member from editing a post, but if any questions arise, it will at least be noted that the post was tampered with.

A hack??? Gee whiz. Again on the Classic board, it's just a matter of choosing a setting in the "Feature Permissions" category on the Control Panel. As follows:

***
Message Editing Permissions:

Users may edit & delete messages
Users may only edit messages
Users may not edit or delete messages

Message Editing Time Limit:
Time in minutes in which users may edit posted messages.
0 = no limit.
minutes

Mark Messages Edited by Users?:

Edit Message Grace Period:
Edited notice will not appear until this many minutes elapse. Set to zero to disable.
****

All these conveniences are now replaced by a hack????

Thank you for your help, but this "Threads" product does not show improvement over "Classic". In this area, it is a downgrade not an upgrade.

frown -- Hal