My English is very poor, so I shall write as I can. Sorry.
I have found interesting feature of htmlentities() function. Htmlentities using ISO-8859-1 codepage by default. That is why:
htmlentities($User), htmlentities($Line) etc giving us wrong result, in case var contents is something in other codepage than ISO-8859-1 (may be UTF-8 ok. I don't know).
We can use something like that:
htmlentities($User,ENT_QUOTES,$ubbt_lang['CHARSET'])
May be, it will help us to save time in the future

By the way, I had to include in to shoutit.inc.php code:
$text = iconv("utf-8","cp1251", $text)and in to checkrecipient.inc.php
$User = iconv("utf-8","cp1251", $User)Such includes is necessary only for some vars and fragments where AJAX is used and vars content is something in international codepage.
May be using iconv is not good idea, but it has worked for me.
And another one little correction.
viewmessages.inc.php script, near #109:
$type = $ubbt_lang['TEXT_NEW']
and in viewmessages.tpl near #60
{if $message[mess].type == "N"} than we can see new message icon. But, if someone has changed his $ubbt_lang['TEXT_NEW'] = "N" from "N" to "New" or something else, then new mesages flag will never be shown.
Best,
Michael.