Originally Posted by bilbo
The lamest of the lame, but as lame as they are, I'd have to think they have their ports ports secure. Just to be sure, I'll send an email.
you'd be suprised.

Originally Posted by bilbo
What is "CAPTCHA"?
A CAPTCHA is a visual verification image; you must see it and type what it says. This is only available in UBB.Threads 7.1+

Originally Posted by bilbo
Gizmo,
It's easy to tell from the link what is going on in the email verification, but I'm confused as to how that could be subverted.
Even if a nefarious user knew the UBB schema, he/she would still have to know the table prefix to do anything?
Basically, when an email is sent you just have to click a link; setup a small program to act as a mail client and click any links; you could do this with CURL in PHP or by creating a simple program in vbasic/cpp.



I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!