Hi. I'm uncertain how to get my portal islands to work correctly outside the community program. I suppose the same process would pertain to any portal layout island needing to be built outside of the message board program.

I'm creating a 3-column newsletter from my website at this link: Newsletter Archives and want to use the "Recent Topics" and "Public Calendar" islands to appear on the 1st and 3rd columns of the newsletter.

I know to get the code for external use, I go to
cp -> portal layout -> make sure the checkbox is checked for these islands and update the page, and then click on the "external use" link to find my code.

It was easy for me to know WHERE to place the html code within my html webpage. But I'm not sure WHERE to place the php code.

I understand the instructions say my webpage needs to be php enabled. Does this mean I just need to change the .htm extention to .php instead? That would be easy-enough to do.

But then in a later paragraph, it reads:
Inserting the php code above will insert the following HTML into it's place. As you can see there are 2 CSS classes you'll want to define for the included HTML, those being tdheader and alt-1. You can modify the properties of the table itself in the code above.:

Can't I just go to a language file for our calendar and copy the same tdheader and alt-1 code specifics?

Thanks for any help. I realize I could be way off-base here; but definitely need to know how to fix this.

[Linked Image from shorthandclasses.com]