http://www.texasoffroad.net/forum_php/ubbthreads.php?Cat=

We're one of the older UBBT sites. Our license goes back to 1999. We don't update often, (as we are doing now, hence my regular visits here the past few weeks), but we have created some hacks from time to time so we can provide some integration of UBBT with some other feature we want to offer.

We are primarily a not-for-profit community site that acts as an info aggregate for the dirtbike clubs and racing orgs in Texas. We also lease a server from EV1/Planet and operate a free webhosting service for the community. We solicit donations from the larger clubs and a few angel donors to pay the bills for the less financially fortunate clubs/tracks/parks who we help.

We serve between 2.5M and 3.5M page views per month, depending on the calendar, season, racing, etc. It's not a heavy traffic site, but it has a regular flow of webtravelers (about 50,000 unique visitors per month) and a community of about 8,000...of which about 2,000 are loyal and active.

Each club, track, park, org, etc that we provide services for manages their message board with volunteers from within their org, so our Admin duties are limited to developer, mentor, mediator, janitor, and bouncer.

We have on average about 130+ Moderators and 2 Admins, including myself doing networking and fundraising, and Bud, who is the Server Admin and programmer. We provide webhosting for about 60 websites - mostly offroad related - in Texas and a few surrounding states....so our Network has effectively created a great communication tool for the ORV enthusiasts in Texas.

We also use UBBT to run free classifieds boards, running on a 90 day auto-delete rotation, primarily focused on dirtbikes and ATVs owned by Texas trailriders and racers in our community - that has more Texas dirtbikes for sale than Cycle Trader does!

Considering there are over 200,000 ORV enthusiasts in Texas, alot of the unique visitors we get are not affiliated with any clubs, so reaching them and capturing their loyalty is a challenge. As with most message board community sites, we get alot of daily traffic - during workday hours and at peak evening - from readers who otherwise never participate in generating new content for the community.

For those of you who were old W3T users, I used to go by the username of Roofdog...and some of you may know Bud from hacks he has contributed. I look forward to the work we are going to attempt to do next on the TON -- to integrate Gallery2 into our UBBT -- so we can take our experiment/project to a new level of user experience.

Keep up the good work! We'll be posting more later...

Best Regards,

Bob Beamer
Spring,TX
TON Project Mgr.

http://www.texasoffroad.net/forum_php/ubbthreads.php?Cat=