I've tried both ® and & reg ;

What happens is that the program takes the character set and converts it into a symbol after I update the page. The problem comes when that same page is updated because now it is updating a symbol and not the character set. Thus, creating some type of character set error because it doesn't recognize the converted symbol.

If there was a way to prevent a symbol conversion in the control panel fields, then the problem would be solved. Or if it properly interpreted a symbol as a symbol, I guess that would work, too.

In the Display Options/General/HTML Includes page, I can insert this character set, update it repeatedly, and experience no problems at all. The symbol is never converted in the text box.

I can't explain it either. Actually, this has been an issue for as long as I can remember (years). I never got around to asking anyone about how to fix it. At least I don't believe that I have. I hope this is fixable.