I'm trying to set up a test server to prepare for our upgrade on my local workstation and am experiencing unexpected behavior in the install.

I'm doing a fresh install of 7.3, and on Step 8 ("You may now proceed to the next step to create all of the necessary database tables"), when I click the "Proceed to the next step" button, it advances to the next page (createtable.php) and all it displays is "Failed to write config:" with no additional information.

I've verified all the permissions are correct, I received no errors during any of the checks, and all should be fine.

This is a Windows XP Professional machine though, running IIS and PHP 5.6.2. The one thing that was "odd" about this install is that I was using an off port for IIS. But, I changed everything back to port 80 and still get the same issue.

Granted this isn't a show stopper, I was just wanting to get familiar with the 7.3 before upgrading due to the fact that we have hundreds of users using our forums for support, but I thought I'd bring this to attention.

I'm going to create a FreeBSD VM and see if it performs differently on that, than locally installing it on my XP Pro workstation. I'll report the results of that here.

UBB Since November 07, 2000.