I just became a new user of UBB and installed it just 2 days ago on my server. One of the first things I noticed was that the shoutbox was not showing my shouts. This was not a concern at the time.

Today, I tried posting new topics and came up with the following error.
Quote
The host from which you are accessing the board is not recognized as a valid host. This is more than likely related to a firewall issue that is blocking the referer variable. Check your firewall settings and try again.
I found posts about firewalls (specially Norton 360) and determined that this is not the issue because I disabled the firewalls on multiple computer and this still occured.

So I went to the Primary Settings / Advanced Options / Domains for HTTP Referer Check option and tried adding http://mydomain.com to the list. http://www.mydomain.com was already in there. Sadly, this made no difference either.

I then was looking for other places that http://www.mydomain.com may have been located and I found in the DB, Paths & URLs / Paths & Url's / Full URL to Main Directory field the reference to http://www.mydomain.com so I changed it to http://mydomain.com . This seemed to fix the http://mydomain.com issue but now I have the exact same problem with http://www.mydomain.com, so basically I'm back where I started, having problems with http://www.mydomain.com instead of http://mydomain.com .

In any case, I came across the topic called Shout Box Problems and figured maybe my change would fix this but it didn't seem to. So if I have http://www.mydomain.com in the Control Panel settings. I can see the shout box working but not when I go to http://mydomain.com. It's the opposite of course when I have http://mydomain.com in the Control Panel settings.

On a side not, My forum goes to http://www.mydomain.com or http://mydomain.com and not htpp://www.mydomain.com/forum or http://mydomain.com/forum by design. I don't think this has anything to do with it. If anyone thinks different please tell me and I will change it's location.

Thanks
Murph





Last edited by Murphdog; 08/20/2008 9:50 PM.