Thanks abunch. I was making several errors.

First, I was trying to use the URL, not the path. I know about paths, but I know that they can differ so much from server to server. It took about a thousand different tries of various forms of /usr/ /home/ /public/ /public_html/ and then when it got to the part of the domain, I had one website that used domain name, another that used my domain log in ID, etc.

And on my particular path it had to start and end with the slash. I learned that the hard way. I don't know why I decided to try that. Maybe it's web maintenance 101 that was just about to fade from the back of mind.

Maybe I should have just asked my web host. Nah, what do they know?

And the permission assistance did come in handy as the directories I was trying were 755 or worse.

You folks are super. I hope this thread will help someone else in the future.