To fix post_island , edit cache_builders/post_island.php
comment out these codes :
Code
foreach ($words as $i => $w) {
        if ( strlen ( $words[$i] ) > 20 ) {
                $words[$i] = wordwrap( $words[$i], 20, "<br />", 1);
        } // end if
} // end foreach

It works.

I think PHP shouldn't rely on strlen to judge the 'width' of a character. Because strlen seems calculate the memory consumption of a word , not the word's display width.

For English , each character consumes one byte , and it is one byte width , too.
BUT ,
For Chinese UTF-8 encoded character , each character consumes 3 bytes , but it is only 2-byte width (in fixed-width fonts).
So , my users can only type 6 Chinese character each token , they are 18 bytes , but only occupy 12 bytes width.

I am not familiar with PHP , don't know how to get a word's display width.

Maybe there should be a 'wrap text toggle' for each widget (Shout Box and Post Island ...)



English is not my native language. I try my best to express my thought precisely. I hope you understand what I mean. If any misunderstanding results from culture gaps, I apologize first.