I personally think the biggest mistake that Infopop made was not acquring the rights to vBulletin's predecessor, which was UBB.classic re-written in PHP with a MySQL database. The acquisition of WWWThreads didn't seem to help much, as most UBB.classic users chose to part ways with Infopop/Groupee.

I personally think that Infopop/Groupee should have discontinued UBB.classic earlier and offered only UBB.threads. UBB.classic basically trashed Infopop's reputation for quality forum software as it was written in Perl and used a flat file database, while most competing forum software was by then written in PHP and used a MySQL database. Offering two internally competing forum software solutions was a huge mistake, and I think Groupee regrets that strategy.

As for new features, the next version of UBB.threads (presumably version 7.5) should offer a new blogging feature. The next version afterward (either 7.6 or preferrably 8.0) will have a complete redesign of the GUI, and will include a WYSWIG editor.