Originally Posted by Gizmo
I upload the file, when I try to open it through the link the forum provides it errors (clicky).

I ftp download the file, and open it, opens fine (thus it uploaded fine).

I use the direct link (clicky) and it works fine.

I'm not entirely sure of the issue, but since the link works when accessed directly, it leads me to think it has to be something with the redirector to the file in the UBB; BUT it just redirects to the file on the server...

Leads me to think, you may have to file a bug report at UBBCentral...


Originally Posted by Gizmo (EMail)
The ubb stores their names in the database, and the files as a number with whatever extension the file is... I posted a test on the same forum you linked me to as well as basically saying you need to post a bug report; feel free to quote what I said and/or link to the posting on your bug report.

Basically, the redirector reads the URL you link to it, and it looks up the associated file in the database, then sends the file to the user with a header of what the name should be and the browser does the rest; I'm thinking that something in the whole request is causing the issue (as the file exists properly on the server since linking to it directly on its actual location works)


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!