Okay you guys. You know I am looking to move to a new host. And away from Bill Gates.
Anyway, Since Linux is all new to me I have some questions about moving from a shared hosting plan to a VPS.
Of course my first consideration is to support UBB.
1. What to look for in a VPS plan
2. What linux flavor is best?( I guess a loaded question).
3. I assume I will need to install what is needed for UBB myself. Such as Mysql,PHP. yada,yada.
4. What about email accounts? Most hosts say you have a email server but do I have to install software to have pop accounts.
3. What software tools will I need to manage a vps.
4. Are there additional third party software costs I need to consider for managing a VPS.
I know it is a lot of questions but I am looking for direction on how to migrate to a Linux system as well as a vps.