I've left my default upload limit value of 2MB in my php.ini. I have 2MB as the limit in the board software as well since my users often upload MP3s of the music they have written. We're not a photography site, so there is no reason to have anything higher than 2MB; in fact, 2MB is still rather large for image files for my Website's purposes AFAIC.

Even with the galleries, users are still going to want to attach image files to "regular" forum posts as well. I'm hankerin' for making (or having made) something that will handle thumb-nailing on a file level and not just HTML re-sizing (which should be illegal, IMHO.) wink

I've never read into ImageMagick and its related scripting; maybe this will be a reason for me to.

This brings up an idear -- perhaps it would be a good thing to be able to set file-size limits based on file-type...