I have a problem in UBB.threads 7.4.2 with searches. To kill my board, all someone has to do is click "Search" in the top menu and type anything and click GO. The board is dead for the next seven minutes.

In the middle of the night (just now), I turned on --log-slow-queries and captured a slow search:

SQL Query
# Query_time: 425  Lock_time: 0  Rows_sent: 100  Rows_examined: 949796
use ubb;
SELECT p.POST_ID
		FROM 	ubbt_POSTS p LEFT JOIN ubbt_POSTS pp on p.POST_ID=pp.POST_ID,
					ubbt_TOPICS t
		WHERE p.POST_IS_APPROVED = '1'
			AND t.TOPIC_STATUS <> 'M'
			AND t.FORUM_ID IN ('1','2','3','5','6','7','8','11','12','13','16','17','18','19','21','22','24','23')
			AND p.TOPIC_ID = t.TOPIC_ID
		AND MATCH (p.POST_SUBJECT,p.POST_DEFAULT_BODY) AGAINST ('searchword' IN BOOLEAN MODE)
ORDER BY p.POST_POSTED_TIME DESC
LIMIT 100;

Yeah, I know I have a lot of posts (I keep them all) but maybe there's some way to speed this up.

For one thing, shouldn't the search be limited to one year, like I have it in my Feature Settings? Maybe there could be a way to make the default search (non-advanced) search topics only? Is there any way to let this search proceed at a lower priority without hanging up the entire board? Maybe someone can think of something I could do. I've done some tuning already.