Bring this one up to the top to see if anyone else is having this problem since upgrading to V7.5.

On our board, since the upgrade to V7.5, the flashing PM indicator has been very flakey. Several reports (myself included) of the indicator not flashing when unread PMs are present. Haven't seen any reports of the opposite (flashing when no unread are present).

In my own case, I've seen instances where I'll enter the board, see the PM Icon flashing (knowing I have waiting PMs from the email notifications), then I'll proceed into the Control Panel for some admin work. Upon going back to the board via the link at the top of the control panel, the PM indicator no longer flashes for me.. again still with unread PMs.

I know this specific situation (i.e. control panel visit) isn't happening for normal users, but there's obviously something causing the indicator not to flash for some members.

Anyone else have complaints of this since upgrading to 7.5? V7.4.2 was fine in this area.

Stress the system until it breaks. Hey.. it works for Spacecraft.. why not here?

UBB since 1999: MonteCarloSS.com