We can chalk this one up to a non-bug which I think we all assumed from the beginning as this was likely either a server issue or human error. The latter is the truth in this case. My bad. blush

In the attachments storage directory box I had entered "../user_files" instead of the FULL PATH which is the correct entry. The test script worked with this but it caused errors when attaching files with posts.

Why did I do it this way? Good question. When I was hosted on Network Solutions the path to the directory did not work for some reason and I resorted to the "../" method and it worked there. Earlier this year I changed to a new hosting company I kept the setting and like I mentioned, it worked in the test... but not in posts. One other oddity about this is that I also set the avatar storage directory the same way yet it worked.

Moral of the story: Just because it works doesn't mean it is correct.

And thank you Rick for the support.


Ford diesel master technician by day...
Webmaster by night! cool
FordDoctorsDTS.com running UBB Threads 7.5.4.2p2