Well I will add to this topic. The price of $29 per month is not to bad. On thing I will say the lower the price with the larger packages are ALWAYS a trouble sign right up front. If you see $4.99 a month with unlimited bandwidth and mega space and so on get out of there really fast.

Those places are so large they are looking for the fast buck. You will have great service right up to and perhaps a week or two past the trial time where as you can cancel at any time point. Then your site will start to suffer for speed and MySQL database time. They now have you and put you in the standard loop and not the VIP treatment.

Now the VPN scam. You get a VPN, where your still chunked into a place with tons of other people, and you have full control of your site and your allotted this and that. Well after the trial period your going to have problems too. This is still a form of "shared hosting" where your limited no matter if your told your unlimited in this or that.

I'm not a fan of very large corporate web hosting by no means. I have been hosted by others and it was not pretty. I own my own now and I will never be hosted by others again. No I will not host anyone who comes through this forum so please do not PM me and ask about hosting on my service. The primary reason is that once by Gizmo it was mentioned that I was polling for customers in here so no I will never host anyone from here. Anyway....

I have a customer that pays $60 a month for two sites. The only problem they ever had was every few days they couldn't log into their email account and the server had to be restated. I had investigated why and found the cause. They use free email services like yahoo and hotmail for their commercial email account. The sales department uses an email box on their registered site. They never checked their admin login email account and it built up over 12,000 junk emails and was causing problems in the email server on their account. Once I purged their email account and put an auto forward to their yahoo account they never had a problem again.

What I think you should look for is a medium to small web hosting provider that don't have corporate locations all over the place. You will get better service and better response times for your web site. They actually do care about their customers as every customer counts to them, they are not just another number.