Yes the server always has free memory and lots of free processing power. I wonder if it's an incremental thing where the longer the forum is up the more confused things get. To be off like that does seem a bit confusing smile

I just upped the limit to 256M and also kicked up the processing times from 60s to 90s and am rebooting. Let's see how that helps! I probably should also reboot the server every week or so to give it a fresh start.

The machine does get slower as time goes on. The only two things running on this machine are the forums and mail, since the forums send a lot of mail out it makes sense to have them in the same place. Mail is MailEnable which I also use on a different server for my other sites, and I've never had any issue with MailEnable. So I don't think it's interfering with the memory. Both do use MySQL.


Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts