I changed the registration settings to enable CAPTCHA image verification from new members. I also enabled email verification.

I'm wondering if there's anything else that i shouold do.

Calm before the storm

We just updated from 6.2 to 7.5. And it's my understanding that the webcrawlers/search engines have not yet loaded our site pages in to their cache. Hence we're not really getting much traffic yet. But i understand that will likely change real fast.

Am i right?

Currently we don't really have many mods -- just two part-timers. And i might ask two of our regulars to step up and help -- ask them to become mods.

I see that i have the option to disallow those with yahoo and/or hotmail accounts but i've not opted for that.

People have suggested that our forum requires a small charitable donation from new registrants. This was suggested to prevent spammers and others w/ malicious intent. To me this appears to be a bit extreme as it might also deter good people who don't want the hassle of transferring $$.

Any thoughts?

Again, thanks for all of your help. I believe that this transition will be very good once everyone on our forum is used to it.