I spoke with Sandy W about my problem and he advised me to write to you directly.

re: Powered by Infopop www.infopop.com © 2000
Ultimate Bulletin Board Version 5.47e http://www.care-givers.com/cgi...ate.cgi?action=intro

This past year, I have been inundated with new memberships manually input from spammers around the world. I sometimes get as many as 60 a day. The website doesn't make any money so the budget is limited.

I was hoping that a "Captcha" system could be installed but I am not sure if it is possible... please advise.

In the meantime I have been copying and pasting IP addresses and emails... the databases for both are well over 6MB each... I have a volunteer who works with me and she posts daily at the message boards.. evidently her IP address got listed in the banlist... since there are over 640,000 addresses I did a find for her IP 131.191.17.71 I removed about six ips that began with 131.191.17 and uploaded to the ftp under ban lists. Then I updated the forums and indexed. She is still unable to sign on because they say her IP is banned.. please advise...

Are there any boards that I can upgrade to without losing data at this time if there is no remedy to my situation?

Sandy suggested I try to hold off with a purchase because he felt that Hoop would be something of value to the site... could my UBB boards be updated to this.

Your help is greatly appreciated... Thank you
gail