UPDATE:

I am fully stumped at this juncture. Upon IE login you are taken to the Forums screen just as if you completed the log in but it has not. You are not logged in (log in) is displayed. I attempted to use the wrong password and it said that is the wrong password for this user. I switched to IE 64bit and the same outcome.

I have switched to another computer with a different operating system and browser - same exact issue same exact result. XP - IE8

P.S. Oh my God after getting used to windows 7 and IE 9 on a new system (3 gig SDRAM - 500 GIG harddrive) I was just floored by the performance of the old computer that I thought was pretty good last year. Awful is an understatement...

I will attempt to log in with IE7 when I get a chance but why has this issue come about today after never being a problem before on the same system used right now..? My only option is to begin a search for anti-IE data somewhere on the server side. I refuse to scrap UBB just so my members can log in with IE. IE is still the most used browser by far.

Any input would be appreciated.

I will continue to analize...

Ancient and Honourable, John West.