Database connection errors and erratic cache dump of who´s online.
 
Several days ago our server had a hard drive failure and was rebuilt using backups. Since its come back online I am having problems with database connections and cache dumps. I have been working with my host (tech services) to resolve this but no luck. Tech services thinks files of UBB have been corrupted and suggest I perform an audit on all files to find the problem.
 
Where do I begin with that? confused
 
Problems:
Who´s Online - Sometimes it refreshes correctly for up to ten minutes but generally under two minutes it dumps everyone that had been online. No users on line.
Database connection error – Can not connect to data base at this time click back button. This is a UBB error not a server error message. 
 
Any way ideas or possible solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Saludos
Jay