My deck got smashed up by a tree, and had two downed trees block my driveway. I'm still without power in CT and don't expect it back until next week. It's been getting colder at night now. Thankfully I have lots of friends with power to crash with. It's just a hassle with a wife and two kids in tow.

But, I really have nothing to complain about when you see what happened along the NJ shore, and up to 100 homes in Queens, NY!

[Linked Image from cdn.theatlantic.com]
Damage caused by a fire at Breezy Point is shown in the New York City borough of Queens, on October 30, 2012. The fire destroyed between 80 and 100 houses Monday night in the flooded neighborhood. More than 190 firefighters have contained the six-alarm blaze fire, but they are still fighting some pockets of fire.

More photos here:
http://m.theatlantic.com/infocus/2012/10/hurricane-sandy-after-landfall/100396/

http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/news/slideshow/Sandy-cleanup-continues-in-Connecticut-51465.php

Attachments
deck.jpg