Hi Pilgrim,
Can I ask how you know it's working?
I did the same thing but I see no difference. I get the same boxes that you do, but when I 'test connectivity' I get very little feedback.
I know it is working because I have tested it. Via the Control Panel > Member Management, type in a username/display name, e-mail, etc. of one of your members. Click on the Username in the next window and at the bottom of the Member Information tab (default), click on the "More info" button. You will get a response from stopforumspam telling you whether the member's e-mail, reg. IP and last IP are either Good or Bad.
Another problem I've having is getting into the Control Panel. Even after logging onto the Board successfully, when I click on the Control Panel, I get a silly security message and I have to login again. Then, when in the Control Panel if I click on any of the areas on the left, I am prompted to login in yet again. I suspect this is not normal.