Here's a sample progression.

I visit a forum area on my LisaShea forums. With the debug info turned on, I see it draws in under a second. So super quick.

I then make a new post there. Looking at the server itself, it is only 33% in use. So it's not pegged at all.

90 seconds later, the post times out.

I then went to the forum main page. I get:

Generated in 93.087 seconds in which 92.896 seconds were spent on a total of 26 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

So it's as if whatever the post was doing then affected the whole forum.

I now look at the main forum page fresh. Now I get:

Generated in 0.127 seconds in which 0.013 seconds were spent on a total of 26 queries. Zlib compression disabled.

So I'm back to a quick load.

So something about the post operation is causing a serious hit to the forum.

OK this time I ran it while watching in MySQL Workbench.

When the post starts up, I get an entry for "update ubbt_TOPICS" - and it goes to a status of query end.

And it sits there.

other processes around it come and go, and it just sits and sits. It doesn't have a time. Just a zero.

Then I get a select post ID beneath it, and that one does increment a time. It got up to 110 in this screenshot.

And eventually my actual submission page times out, and then they all go away.

[Linked Image from lisashea.com]

So what is going on with the "query end" status?


Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts