It has become apparent that our forums are a wonderful source of traffic for some of our posters and they take advantage of the links in their sig files.

Some of these I don't mind but some are starting to get a bit annoying and taking advantage of us to promote their product which competes with some of ours. I could just ban them but I would prefer to earn from them.

We have set all links in the sig file to nofollow to reduce the google juice but I would like to turn that off and promote the use of sig files as a benefit to related businesses.

And for them to take that benefit it will cost them a subscription.

So I want to be able to turn links as opposed to images off on a group by group basis and put paying subscribers in a group that allows links in sigs, but all other users can't have links in sigs.

Is there a mod to do this and/or will this be part of the upgrade when/if it arrives?

I have had a look at the code and I figure I could make a hack based on the images option. changebasic.inc.php line 354, check if images are allowed, if yes then allow links, if no then don't. Thus allowing paying users to have a graphic to promote their business as well. Could be a nice little earner for the forum.

Australia skiing accommodation reports, cams, shop and community