Actually, I did follow the install docs for installing on Mountain Lion Server (MLS). The installer screen is just a cross check. Even after the installer check gave all "green" there were further permission problems when PHP tried to execute the "smarty" stuff. The tact I take with installing on Mountain Lion Server is to put the site in the directory Mountain Lion Server likes which is /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/.… set all the permission in the directory to 777, set the owner to admin and set the group to wheel. Then I use the install docs to reduce the permissions to those documented in the install document. That saves a ton of time chasing down whatever permissions that still need changing like the "smarty" PHP stuff.

After I figured out the paths that MLS likes and got the DNS settings and apache2 settings correct for my MLS environment with a clean install I know the software will work so I'm ready to migrate the Snow Leopard Server UBBThreads over to Mountain Lion Server using the info in the link you provided a couple of replies up. I just wanted to make sure a clean install worked first instead of trying to figure out how to get a migrated site over and running on a much changed server OS. Apple changed the paths and tightened up the apache2 environment between SLS and MLS. They also generate the apache config file using a GUI utility so I didn't want too many variables going on at the same time.

Now that I know how to get UBBThreads to work on MLS, I captured the includes/config.inc.php files for both SLS and MLS so that I can compare the two. I killed the MLS site and will do the migration, dump and load the mysql database and edit the includes/config/inc.php paths to do the migration using the process you pointed me to in the earlier posting. I haven't worried about the style stuff yet. That will be the polishing effort when the migration is complete. I still have the SLS version running just fine from the backup drive which is only visible on the LAN. I'll get the WAN version up and running. I just get a little time here and there in-between my other work to do this. There is nothing time critical for our small number of users on this site. It is a repository of information for our homeowners association.