OK I am getting requests for the "other" version I mentioned so if you don't mind I will just go ahead and post it here since Ruben said it was ok.

Ruben's method is to add 10 previous years to the drop down jump box.

***********************************************

This mod adds the "Previous Year" ----- "Next Year" to the styles template (default or your own)thus resolving the version update re-add issue and other perks.

ADDING "PREVIOUS YEAR ----- NEXT YEAR" link to UBB Calendar version 7.5

Back up all files 1st:

Open ~ templates/default/calendar.tpl and find;

PHP Code
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="50%">
<a href="{ubb url="ubb=calendar&month=`$prevmonth`&year=`$prevyear`"}">{$lang.PREVMONTH}</a>
</td>
<td align="right" valign="top">
<a href="{ubb url="ubb=calendar&month=`$nextmonth`&year=`$nextyear`"}">{$lang.NEXTMONTH}</a>
</td>
</tr>
</table> 

Replace with:

PHP Code
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td align="left" valign="top" width="33%">
<a href="{ubb url="ubb=calendar&month=`$prevmonth`&year=`$prevyear`"}" alt="{$lang.SEARCHPREVMONTH}">{$lang.PREVMONTH}</a>
</td>
<td align="center" valign="top" width="33%">
<a href="{ubb url="ubb=calendar&month=`$prevmonth+1`&year=`$prevyear-1`"}" alt="{$lang.SEARCHPREVYEAR}">{$lang.PREVYEAR}</a> ----- <a  href="{ubb url="ubb=calendar&month=`$nextmonth-1`&year=`$nextyear+1`"}" alt="{$lang.SEARCHNEXTYEAR}">{$lang.NEXTYEAR}</a>
</td>
<td align="right" valign="top">
<a href="{ubb url="ubb=calendar&month=`$nextmonth`&year=`$nextyear`"}" alt="{$lang.SEARCHNEXTMONTH}">{$lang.NEXTMONTH}</a>
</td>
</tr>
</table> 

Close and upload:

Open ~ languages/english/calendar.php and find;

PHP Code
?> 

above this add;

PHP Code
$ubbt_lang['PREVYEAR'] = "&lt;&lt; Previous Year";
$ubbt_lang['NEXTYEAR'] = "Next Year &gt;&gt;&gt;";
$ubbt_lang['SEARCHPREVYEAR'] = "View Previous Year!";
$ubbt_lang['SEARCHNEXTYEAR'] = "View Next Year!";
$ubbt_lang['SEARCHNEXTMONTH'] = "View Next Month!";
$ubbt_lang['SEARCHPREVMONTH'] = "View Previous Month!"; 


Make sure there is no white space (extra space) after the ?>

Save and Upload ~ Close all files.

You should see the Links at this point; feel free to customize as you go...

I posted this on the fly so if you have any problems let me know and I will recheck the coding even closer. Should be fine and I have tested both options here repeatedly.

Last edited by John West; 07/17/2014 9:36 PM. Reason: Code updated - noticed month changing with year FIXED!

Ancient and Honourable, John West.