I have a .htaccess file in directories that the UBB does not embed files from that is:
Code
# Start .htaccess file #

# Deny viewing of .htaccess #
<Files .htaccess>
order allow,deny
deny from all
</Files>

# Don't Allow Access #
AuthType Basic
AuthName "Access Denied"
Require valid-user

# End of .htaccess file #

As there is no user listing it will always deny browsing of the directory. I use this all over my CMS, you'll find through trial and error where to place it (if it pops up when browsing your forums, then you have it in a folder that we're calling files from, such as the libs folder).


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!