If you have a large forum (a database over 100mb or so) you should not use the control panel backup tool, as you will likely hit the PHP Max Execution limit before your backup can be generated and fully downloaded; you should instead opt to backup your database via SSH (UBBWiki - Migration Guide [will show all of the commands needed to backup both your database and flat files; normally I'd link to the Backup Guide but it really needs to just include the portion from the migration guide]).

Using the admin tool you should take care to:
- Never backup to a folder that is web accessable; this is your database which includes user accounts and authentication details, basic security would mean you would make the backup to a folder UNDER the web root.
- The folder should be chmodded 777.

Last edited by Gizmo; 12/02/2016 4:29 AM.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!