3/
This is just using normal configuration. I'm just saying you can set the img tag to not 'work' in the admin panel - but that the button to use the tag on the front end does not go away. This is not logical.

4/
I will check again, but from experience the (manual) setting in generic.php language file is not used in control panel.

8/
I'm not hiding it there. I'm preventing they set it by editing new post, new reply and edit post scripts. I don't want people editing titles because it can mess up search results and is confusing on the front page displaying the last post title.

9/
That's what I do. But the code should be prepared for there being zero fonts / sizes in the list and auto hide the buttons when there is nothing to fill the selection list.

11/
I've done many a ubb backup, restore, move to a new domain,... in the past 16 years. Up to restoring 12 year old partial archives. I know my way around the databases and I can backup and restore my 3GB ubb in under half an hour on a new server, swapping domains as well - even without command line access or ssh. I'm just saying that the function to rebuild content after changes in custom tags could also include the option to change links to the old domain as well (avatar url, links inside posts,...). It's not that big of a deal.

99/ smile
Thanks for some ideas you sparked in my head!!!!

And yet again thanks for kicking some life back into UBB!