I have been thinking for a while about sending out emails from the forum to members.
In the past used constant contact to create email campaigns. Had a few thousands of subscribers
but it was difficult to keep up a regular interesting newsletter due to we are into vintage bikes and there is very little news in that field. Its a different matter with new modern bikes which is subject to continuously developing.
Anyway the newsletter was appreciated and the downside was it costed $600 ea year for the service and I eventually used it once or twice a year only so I cancelled the service.

I still have the subscribers list so I could send emails to them but I don't as I think it may be caught as spam before it reaches the receivers.

We have now close to 10000 members on our forum, when they registered it said
We only use your email address so that sometimes we can send you a BritBike related message.

I would like to be able to send emails and inform about important changes or opportunities maybe a couple times each year.

What do you think will happen if I send email to let say 100 members or 1000 members or 10000 members
should I use BCC or Emails One At A Time, Instead Of Using BCC???

I'm thinking of sending a short message including a link to the forum i order to re- activate members that has not visited for a while, what do you think will happen?
Will my britbike.com domain be black listed on email servers or is it a no problem?

please share your experince and knowledge.

Last edited by Morgan; 10/21/2017 6:35 AM.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike Forum
https://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php