Originally Posted by isaac
The formatting items you've mentioned and easily be accomplished by clicking on the PREVIEW POST/REPLY button after your entered your BBCode formatting.

A WYSIWYG editor for UBB.threads is something that I had started work on a while ago. It currently has a few major bugs in how it treats HTML/BBCode, and cannot be included as part of the UBBT package until those bugs are ironed out. But it is in the works. It is a low priority on the "things that need to be done" list, but it is on the list.

Isaac - thanks for the reply. I noted that your reply uses iframes to insert the Google docs stuff. This would be well past what we want for an initial capability. I understand that the "preview/post reply" capability exists for BBCodes (and html if authorized). I do use that but many of the forum users just don't want to get into learning how to use the codes. That is why a simple WYSIWG editor with the few basic functions would be valuable.

In summary - many of our forum users don't want to learn or adapt to another way from what they already know and use for basic formatting capability. If basic WYSIWYG capability could be added, it would go a long way in meeting a large population of users desires.