I found the issue and created a quick patch that you can update the file on your own server with right now. Though, It is best to just wait until the next version of UBB.threads is out, since it will have a more detailed code block inserted. This code is only needed if you are using ImageMagick. GD2 does not require this attribute at all.

I've tested this with and without GD2. GD2 presents no visual errors, and still processes the images as intended -- Though, with the attribute added, GD2 may create an warning entry in the error log such as, "unrecognized command "-resize" but image was processed anyways." But I havent checked this. And thats only an assumption.

in forums/libs/image.inc.php

EDIT 2018-02-21:
IF YOU PREVIOUSLY MADE THE FOLLOWING CHANGE TO YOUR IMAGE.INC.PHP FILE, REVERT THE CHANGE OR GRAB A FRESH COPY OF THE FILE FROM THE ORIGINAL ZIP ARCHIVE. THEN SKIP THIS STRIKED-OUT SECTION, AND PROCEED TO THE "MAKE THIS CHANGE" SECTION

FIND (towards the end)
Code
	$exec = "\"{$config['CONVERT_PATH']}\" {$config['FULL_PATH']}/tmp/$sourcefile $thumb {$width}x{$height} $quality {$output}:\"{$config['FULL_PATH']}/tmp/$sourcefile.$type\" 2>&1";
REPLACE WITH
Code
	$exec = "\"{$config['CONVERT_PATH']}\" {$config['FULL_PATH']}/tmp/$sourcefile $thumb -resize {$width}x{$height} $quality {$output}:\"{$config['FULL_PATH']}/tmp/$sourcefile.$type\" 2>&1";

MAKE THIS CHANGE:

FIND (towards the end)
Code
	if ($type == "thumb" || $type == "medium") {
		$thumb = " -thumbnail ";
	} else {
		$thumb = "";
	}
REPLACE WITH
Code
	if ($type == "thumb" || $type == "medium") {
		$thumb = " -thumbnail ";
	} else {
		$thumb = " -resize ";
	}

The ImageMagick resizing issue seems to have been missing from the code long before I came on board with UBBCentral. So I guess its now finally squashed. Digitalgas, thanks for posting about it, to finally give it some needed attention!

Last edited by isaac; 02/22/2018 12:48 AM. Reason: fixed my fix.

Current developer of UBB.threads PHP Forum Software
Current Release: UBBT 7.7.5 // Preview: UBBT 8.0.0
isaac @ id242.com // my forum @ CelicaHobby.com