Hi guys, it's been a while since I've been here but I am hoping someone can help me resolve an issue. I have a backup of an older UBB version. I had all the files backed up and the database backed up. I recently had a need to temporarily re-install that from backups to look at something in my forum posts there, but have run into a snag.

I have uploaded all the files and database to my server, but when I try to go to my forum index file I get the following (See attached)/ In case the attachment doesn't work, it basically says:

UBB Message
We encountered a problem. The reason reported was
Database error only visible to forum administrators
Please click back to return to previous page.

My question to you all is, how can I see this error when I can't get logged in? In cPanel, the error log doesn't show any database errors so maybe DB error are accessible from somewhere else? Any help is greatly appreciated.

UPDATE: Upon closer look, I did find a related error in error logs:

[Sat Mar 24 18:26:23.737975 2018] [cgi:error] [pid 11836] [client XX.XX.XX.XX:XXXX] AH01215: PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function error() on null in /home/xyz/public_html/ubforum/libs/mysql.inc.php on line 77: /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/ea-php56, referer: http://www.blahblah.com/ubforum/admin/

Line 77 seems to be the $admin->error( $errstr ) in the following code:

PHP Code
global $admin, $html;

if (defined('IS_ADMIN')) {
			$admin->error( $errstr );
		} else if (defined('IS_IMPORT') || defined('IS_UPGRADE')) {
			echo '<b>SQL Error:</b> ' . $errstr;
		} else {
			if (!is_object($html)) {
				$html = new html;
			}

if (defined('NO_WRAPPERS')) $is_bare = true;

( $is_bare ? $html->not_right_bare( $errstr ) : $html->not_right( $errstr ) );
		}
	} 
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 4.33.30 PM.jpeg

Last edited by Basil; 03/24/2018 6:56 PM.