Hi there,

I believe we need more emphasis on the paid subscription feature. Particularly when it comes to personalization and extra features. I'm nearly forced to hire someone to modify UBB.threads to add additional reasons to reinforce the cause for paid subscriptions. However, doing that is costly and makes it more difficult to upgrade builds in the future..

Ideas and examples thrown out there by my user feedback and myself:

- Free users can upload an avatar, but dimensions can be restricted to say, 100x100 pixels. Maybe even a watermark. Subscription groups could have increased dimensions.

- Subscribers only shout box.

- Ranks (user post ranking) can be graphical, i.e. military ribbons, stripes, or whatever the admin chooses.

- Ability to like or vote on an individual post for reputation.

- Ability to moderate own threads (lock, edit, ban from own thread). This is the most requested, as some users are there to post news or have a journal. They don't want users replying.

- Ability to personalize their post style colours or at least, the author area style colours.

- Exclusive/additional thread/post icons.

- Ability to upload custom smilies.

I know this will probably not get anywhere here, but thought I'd just throw it out there. Some of my users want to see more.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
[Linked Image from aliendisc.net]
[Linked Image from aliendisc.net]