I really believe that, because ubb supports paid subscriptions,
admins should be able to offer more incentive to users who decide to subscribe to more than what regular users have privileges to.
This is the main reason why I chose and invested in ubb to begin with, because a lot of open source forum scripts don't support paid subscriptions.

Such as:

- Personalizing their author content colors (That everyone can see, not only their "theme") (remember MySpace, OpenYearBook, Nexopia, etc? Pre-Facebook era)
- Changing their username color (that or an admin is able to do this, so that the user is distinguished in some group, at this time, I can only change the admin and mod colors)
- Can lock their own thread (not anyone else's)

...I just imagined all those up, but I can tell you, other forum scripts allow for some of these things and a whole lot more.
I don't see why ubb has less than what others are offering.
Including, the idea that got shot down recently, of adding permission to set a minimum character count to a new post.
There are loop holes - that's a major no brainer, but it is a feature that discourages posts that aren't constructive with 2 letters.
It is up to the moderators to maintain the policies and guidelines in the end, that's a no brainer, butthe feature does help to
mitigate and encourage certain behaviors.