OK let me begin by saying that your response feels condescending. I'm actively posting here to try to help. I could have not bothered to inform you of the error.

I've worked with this UBB code for eighteen years. I understand by and large how it functions. I've done plenty of internal recoding in these twenty years. I've helped countless users myself, in these forums.

I did read the changelog. In regards to CSS it says: "Cleanup of templates, CSS files, and UBB JavaScript files." which is about as generic as it gets. The 7.7.2 changelog mentions a few CSS updates. But neither write-up addresses my question.

I am installing a software product and that software product had a MySQL error message happen during its install routine.

You told me: "The bug presents itself when you've selected to have the upgrader upgrade your currently installed styles for you, and you have styles that are marked as not active. The null variable would pass in PHP 5.x, but in PHP 7+ it is seen as missing."

Yes. I selected the upgrader to upgrade my styles. I know that's what I did. That process then crashed. It's fine to know it's because of a mishandled NULL value. But that is also not my question.

I am not going to go tearing apart your install script to figure out exactly what this part of the script was trying to do or what the consequences are because the script crashed. That shouldn't be my job as an end user. I have about thirty other projects I need to get done tonight.

Is your recommendation really for me to dig through the install script and manually, personally figure out what happened as a result of this crash? And manually decide which SQL commands I need to run to remedy the issue?

Lisa Shea, owner, BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Website
BellaOnline Forums - UBB since Apr 2002 - 58,000 members / 850,000 posts