Just as a simple example of what looks like simple code; as an admin go ahead and post a HTML post just including the following:
Code
</div></table>

Notice that by having a stray close table or div tag how your entire forum is messed up on any page displaying this post (the thread, portal news, active topics in this case); this can happen with HTML posts... This is just a minor display problem (and these are two common tags for HTML), not even touching on potential security issues.

I would be surprised to hear a legitimate excuse on why a normal user would need HTML posting access on your forum that can't be solved with UBBCode; all of the formatting coding they should need is represented by UBBCode, HTML/Web Design tools aren't generally something one would need to contribute to a conversation.

I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum, Scouters World
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!