Hi, use 7.7.5
Our forum is about 20 years old and from the beginning I have had the default user groups plus extra groups that I added.
All members are in the user group and some also in upgraded groups for a limited time.
I'm thinking of creating a new newbie group for new users and move them after a certain posts to the regular user group.
The new newbie group would have less features like no PM's etc.
There has been a few new members who like to scam or try to phish so I would like to be on top of it better.
What settings would you recommend when it comes to set up a new Newbie group?
and the best rules to transfer them to the regular User group?
I am thinking that a newbie must post a certain times before transferred to the User group. However if I for example set the limit to five posts
for User group what will happen to the existing USERS who has not come up to five posts will they be in no groups??? Hope you get that question.
Thanks for any advise in advance
