This issue is directly related to slow loading times on UBBCentral, it looks like the feeds being read are not being sent through any caching mechanism and are reliant on what appears to be a shared server issue. I'd recommend accessing your Control Panel through another page such as /admin/gen_display.php when unable to access the main page.

Isaac and I discussed possibly trying to load a page in an iframe versus reading feeds, but with my kiddo having just suffered an ATV accident and him on vacation in Australia it's not something we're able to update in the short term.

If you'd like to disable the dashboard.php page loading the feeds you should just be able to edit /admin/dashboard.php and
Replace:
Code
$feed = load_feed("https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/cache/rss1.xml");                    // Release
$feed .= "<tr class=\"colored-row stdautorow alvt fw\" style=\"border-bottom:0;\"><td class=\"news_subject nw\"  colspan=\"2\">&nbsp;</td></tr>\n";

With
Code
$feed = "";
//	$feed = load_feed("https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/cache/rss1.xml");                    // Release
$feed .= "<tr class=\"colored-row stdautorow alvt fw\" style=\"border-bottom:0;\"><td class=\"news_subject nw\"  colspan=\"2\">&nbsp;</td></tr>\n";


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!