Users have been crafting URLs using the curl redirect (Current URL sending traffic to the function) in UBB.threads, nothing is exploited on the site, but it's allowing them to forward requests on a page of your site to 3rd party destinations; until we get v8 out the door I'm sharing the patch with everyone now. Any 3rd party URLs with the below patch will be stopped by the system from redirecting them unless the redirected URL is from a local URL (on your site).

Update: See this post for an update.
In /scripts/changeprefs.inc.php Find:
Code
		header("Location: $curl");


Replace with:
Code
	if (strpos($curl, $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME']) !== false) {
		header("Location: $curl");
	} else {
		$html->not_right($ubbt_lang['POST_PROB']);
	}


This code change exists towards the bottom of the script file, then you can attempt to redirect on your own site as:
https://example.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=changeprefs&what=style&value=1&curl=https://ubbcentral.com

You can test this behavior here on UBBCentral by going to:
https://www.ubbcentral.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=changeprefs&what=style&value=1&curl=https://ubbdev.com


I am a Web Development Contractor, I do not work for UBBCentral. I have provided free User to User Support since the beginning of these support forums.
Do you need Forum Install or Upgrade Services?
Forums: A Gardeners Forum
UBB.threads: UBBWiki, UBB Styles, UBB.Sitemaps
Longtime Supporter & Resident Post-A-Holic
VNC Web Services: Code Modifications, Upgrades, Styling, Coding Services, Disaster Recovery, and more!